Friday, April 20, 2012

Are things really better late than never?

Photographer: Minneapolis Affair  |  Designer: Frances Zerr A/W 2011 
It's been a while since my last real blog post. Just recently I read a caption, "better late than never" and it made me think, are things really better late then never or better left unsaid?

It should be obvious where I'm heading with this post. I've definitely been MIA (missing in action) for a some time now. Quite frankly, it's been about a month or so since a general blog post.

Blogging has always been a challenge for me. I've found it difficult to find a "voice"for my blog, let alone write something that will attract an audience. It also doesn't help that I'm a horrible writer and am always busy.

Anywho, I've been keeping my personal life off the radar so I could focus on an "empire state of mind". After completing three interviews; phone, virtual, and face to face, for one position, I finally sealed the deal. Said my secret farewells to Minneapolis and made my way to the Big Apple. Settling in with the new job, new friends, and new atmosphere has made me realize that as much as I've visited NYC, nothing feels better then being able to finally call it home.

NYC has definitely been great to me and has been teaching me continuous life skills. I've been extremely fortunate enough to have great roommates, a great job, and great opportunities. In the end, I do believe that everything happens for a reason and maybe it's true, some things are better late than never.


No comments:

Post a Comment